• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical Bulkhead connector leaking H2O

ptf18

NAXJA Forum User
Found (I hope) the water leak source that have caused the well known problems with floor pan rust, etc.

I believe that the big electrical bulkhead connector (or its seal if any) just below the clutch M/C is the culprit.

Is there any way to seperate the part of the connector that is in the engine comparatment from the part that is inside the cabin? I removed 2 long screws that allowed the connector to slide back and forth thru the sheetmetal firewall but the connector doesnt seem to want to seperate (if it does).

What I want to do is pull the engine part of the connector, clean everything, apply some type of LONG lasting sealer and put every thing back together....

then start fixing the darn holes in the floor boards......

Wish I had caught it years ago...only found the holes when I was under the car worrking on the clutch and looking up to the bottom of the floor.

Lester

Are you sure sure its water? It might be the MC leakin some brake fluid down on the connector? (That would suck for you.).

Its water. My daughter poured water over the front of the XJ while I was buried up under the dash. I saw the H2O coming from around the connector.

Back