• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower door moldings, what year were they used?

XJME

NAXJA Forum User
What year or years did the XJ come with those wide lower door moldings that start at the top of the crease and cover the whole bottom of the door? Can you get something like that anywhere other than the Dealer? I need the ones that actually are molded to contour that crease.

Really, I've never seen them on any of the newer models. Hmmm, ok, I'll try to get some from the dealer, but last time I was there I just picked a year (like 92) and they did'nt show on there parts breakdown. But thanks, I'll try again.

My 90 has the molding, but its not contoured to the crease. They end before the break line near the bottom of the door, then there is a tape that goes up over that. If that makes sense

Blue XJ said:
My 90 has the molding, but its not contoured to the crease. They end before the break line near the bottom of the door, then there is a tape that goes up over that. If that makes sense

X2^ 1988 & 1989 both laredo optioned

My 95 Country has paint on the bottom of the doors, but then the rubber molding at the bottom of the door below the crease.

I just painted all over it and it matches now. The paint was silver but the molding was black.

My 92 & 96 both HAD it. All gone now. JIM.

I know that's why it's gone. JIM.

Blaine B. may be right, I just ordered a set for a 2000 model, not sure if they contour to the crease but I'm hoping they do. Strange, I've never seen wide moldings on the later models, dealer said it was for the "Country Package". I'm trying to cover the knucklehead's scratches that took of the original "sport" moldings. Thanks for your replys guys!

Back