• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alternator

:flame: before you get flamed...i will try and step in here.....*btw it would be understandable to get flamed on this one*
:flame:

couple of questions need answered before we can procede here..

1. are you sure your alt is bad?

2. do you own any kind of repair manual or have a friend that knows anything about vehicles?

3. have you called any auto parts stores or looked on the interent *i.e. www.rockauto.com * for pricing??

this is a very simple process.....but those questions need answered..

1. not quiet sure. but the battery isnt recharging and i killed 2 batteries to get home. any ideas on anything else?
2. no manuals but have some friends who might be able to help change it
3. havent gotten a chance to. all day today was cleanin out my jeep cuz i swamped it yesterday and filled the interior with water

--$120.00 + $75.00core on Parts America.com.

--It's no more difficult to change than disconnecting battery,
removing belt, and taking out bolts holding it in.

--pull it out and take it to your closest parts store and have 'em
test it (will know, for sure, if it's working)

--Shorty

totally agree with shorty.......

take it and get it tested......if its bad...prolly cheaper to get it at an autoparts store locally than on the net....

if you crawl under there and take a look......and well basically follow what shorty said...

you are good to go......installation is reverse of tear down...

so i got the bolts out and its disconnected from everything but i cant get it outta those supports holding it in. any ideas? i hit it with a hammer to get it lose and that worked but there must be some special way to get it out taht i dont know of.

a long screwdriver or breaker bar with "gentle" persuasion will usually pull it from it's mount without as much chance uf damage (just avoid pressure on the section full of cooling holes)
--Shorty

Back