• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pinion Guards / Pinion Skid Plates

DBenz

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,

After drooling over the Pirate boards for a while with all of the different projects, i found that quite a few have "pinion guards" that prevent that tatooing of your pinions on your driveshafts. Has anyone done these on an XJ? Looks like they bolt to the pinion output shaft and wrap around the bottom of the u-joint to provide protection. Pictures? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks,

Derek

Some pics.
slider.jpg

129_0505_02z+jeep_tj+rear_axle_skid_plate.jpg

www.nthdegreemobility.com

Wow, those are huge and quite expensive. The ones I saw were a very small piece that connected to the output shaft and then wrapped around, maybe a 5" long piece or so.

Derek

I run the nth degree rear slider. I've had it on two runs, one in JV and one up in the mountains here.

You can not *believe* how scratched up it is a already, near the yoke/driveshaft. I can't imagine how I ever got by without it.

Worth every cent.

cal said:
I run the nth degree rear slider. I've had it on two runs, one in JV and one up in the mountains here.

You can not *believe* how scratched up it is a already, near the yoke/driveshaft. I can't imagine how I ever got by without it.

Worth every cent.
were you hitting those areas before?

or are you just scraping there now because the diff glider hangs down lower then these pieces?

Back