• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank Position Sensor Mod

spudly

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
OK, I'm having a senior moment. I could have sworn that I saw a picture and explaination of notching the CPS so you don't have to remove the bolts the next time you change it out.

I guess the simple question is, do I just cut the bottom of the holes out enough for the bolt thread to pass through and call it good? Seems to make sense to me, but my batting average in assumptions is like .00001.

I was just looking at the SAME website......

Yes, just notch out the bottom enough so you can slide the CPS from above onto the bolts without removing them all of the way.

Only problem is - IF there was some sort of warranty (Depending on brand, store, etc.,) would this mod void it?

With the way I install stuff, the warranty is voided once the box is open.

damn, i wish i had seen this a month ago. i dropped the top bolt AND the socket down into the bellhousing, it took me days to fish the socket out back thru the top, i couldnt even get it thru the starter hole

-Tim

Back