• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ number 3, day 7...suggestions?

rob2541

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I'm on my third XJ, a chilli red '99 4.0 Auto 8.25 w/3.55.

Got my C4x4 front hooks from Brown Santa only minutes ago. I'm going to get a rear hitch next, hopefully from the junk yard.

OK, tires. My old '99 Wrangler had 33" Swamper TSLs. My new '99 XJ has 235/75R15 baloney skin radials.

My family needs and wheeling needs require 30-31 inch mud tires. Throwing the kids up into the Wrangler wasn't high on anybody's list.

Would I be silly to get 30x9.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers or BFG MTs and see how they fit and flex? Should I just order T&T boomerangs and some spacers and be done with it? Should I get some retread MTs in 235/75R15 and skip the cheap bb since I know I'll never be satisfied now that I've tasted Swampers and will eventually be back in 33" land?

thanks in advance, rob

2000 - 4.0, Auto, 8.25-w-3.55, 30x9.50 Goodrich ATs, no lift.
Very minor rubbing with no sway bar disco. The MT is supposed to be .5"taller if you believe BFG. I say run the tires and see how they work. If needs be, go up an inch.

Back