• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.8 guys HELP!

Mstrkage

NAXJA Forum User
I have done alot of searching on this board and others and haven't found what I need to know yet, but I have found alot 4.0 info.
I am looking for the location of my cts, the one that works the gauge on an 84 2.8l. If someone could give me an exact location that would be awesome, A good pic would be better.
By the way is there just one, or is there two, I'm led to believe there is two, one for the computer and one for the gauge. I don't know I'm stumped and I want my gauge to work.
Thanks

First you have no computer in the 84 there is only one. I dont really remember where mine is at on my 85, but if I am remembering correctly it is somewhere on the intake manifold. Is the gage not working?

I didn't think I had a computer but didn't know for sure, (so that means if I look I wont have an 02 sensor either?).
And as far as the gauge is concerned, no it hasn't worked since I have owned the jeep. I am fixing it now only after clearing a whole other list of problems this jeep had.

yea that could be it. And yes you do have a o2 sensor, it works with the thousands of other emissions peices on the engine, how? i'm not sure but I know its there.

Back