• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heating and Ventilation mode actuator

John_Sprague

NAXJA Forum User
The heating and ventilation in my '00 XJ appears to have gone south. It will not switch out of defrost/foot mode when the control switch is moved to a different mode (panel or recirc). It would appear that the mode actuator is not working. Is this something a regular Joe Schmoe with limited tools/abilities can fix or should I take it to a mechanic? If the mechanic, about how much should it cost? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Check the vacuum line that goes to the vacuum "ball" located in the bumper directly in front of the battery. I have seen a few XJ's with that line broken. The ones ive seen are normally broken right next to to the battery. Good luck

Thanks for the help guys. I (with some help) ran the vacuum lines from the firewall to the vacumm bottle. 'Lo and behold, there was a break in the line. Fixed it and all is now well again.

Back