• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cv u-joint replacement

blue95xj

<---- Brrrrrrrr!
I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to remove the u-joints from the t-case end of the front driveshaft. I'm mainly working on the one that is closest to the t-case. If there are any write-ups that you know of those would be helpful as well along with any additional input, thanks in advance

Thats a little devil of a joint,especially trying to get it back together with the centering ball,be sure to properly line up your grease fittings!May the power be with you!

I had to do one of those on the trail once. Man did it SUCK. I wish I had an easy suggestion

'Like to talk to the guy that designed them.

I had already planned doing both, but this is starting to sound like it's going to be a pain, how should I go about doing the inner one?

well that's the problem how should I or what should I use to get thos caps out of there?

It's not bad at all.
I've done several now.
30 minutes tops.

An extra set of hands, sockets, and a big bench vice is very handy.

Hale

well I got it done about an hour before the local "mud fest" started which was perfect timing considering it's about an hour away. I must say the next one should be much easier now that I've had it apart and understand it better. Thanks again guys

Back