• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Manifold

VinceYJ said:
Anyone have any expirience with this exhuast manifold?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-jeep-CHEROKEE-91-99-98-97-96-95-94-93_W0QQitemZ330116277924QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33632QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Awesome price...seems to look okay....looking for feedback or opinions....

That one is basically the stock manifold except it has the bellows in the 1st and 6th cylindar runners to relieve the strain of heat expansion that causes the cracking on the stock manifold.

will i have to grind the flanges down or something....i dont want to do the job just to find out its gonna leak...

VinceYJ said:
will i have to grind the flanges down or something....i dont want to do the job just to find out its gonna leak...

I have read where some have needed to do a little grinding when using with a 99+ intake manifold. But it's along the side edge, wouldnt affect sealing against the head.

I dont recall anyone having issues on the earlier manifolds.

The APN (aka "ATP Challenge Y #101212") rules! I got mine installed last week for $312. The engine runs much cooler, quieter. Had a 4-inch flex pipe welded in below the bell housing to protect the manifold from engine movement.

It's anything but pretty but the welds looked good. It's spitting image of the Banks torque tube, missing the outside welds on the primary tubes.

I swear the jeep's engine note has a chinese accent now, and it's worth the money.

Last edited:
cool. i'll buy it...hit it with a coat of black manifold paint and call it good. I might even go with the "flex-tube" idea...sounds like it could work. You got any pics?

I installed the APN (I think there's only one p/n for the cherokee) on my '94 w/auto trans and it fit just fine. The thing's pretty beefy for the price.

Back