• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

low pinion d30

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
i have a few questions about my current setup and futre upgrades. i hva e a 2000xj with the low pinion front axle. currently have a 3.5 superflex on it and soon to have 31's. im already plannin down the road to have lockers front and rewar and prob gunna get inchitis and get some more lift and 32 or 33's. my question is, should i spend the money on a super 30 kit with an ox for the front? or just buy the ox leave it 27 spline and put the mile marker hub conversion on. i have a the 8.25 rear with 29 spline axles. hopefully the have another selectable for it other than an arb soon. the reason im asking, is i dont see the need to spend the money on the front axle if im goin to swap it out for the hp. i know i can swap over ecerything, but more work. what do you guys think? anyone running this setup? o its gunna be my dd/trail pig. thanks

Im at 6"+ with a LP D30 and a ARB for 6 years now,I have no need to switch to a HP!The D30's are fine for 33's.

adjustable uppers will help with any front pinion angle adjustment you might need...i'm at about 4" and i know a guy with 6" on a LP 30, no problems, no vibes.

I just paid $86.00 for a complete 1999 HP D30 with average miles for my 2000. I am going to do the ball joints and steering, put in a locker, and bolt it on.

2000bluexj said:
i have a few questions about my current setup and futre upgrades. i hva e a 2000xj with the low pinion front axle. currently have a 3.5 superflex on it and soon to have 31's. im already plannin down the road to have lockers front and rewar and prob gunna get inchitis and get some more lift and 32 or 33's. my question is, should i spend the money on a super 30 kit with an ox for the front? or just buy the ox leave it 27 spline and put the mile marker hub conversion on. i have a the 8.25 rear with 29 spline axles. hopefully the have another selectable for it other than an arb soon. the reason im asking, is i dont see the need to spend the money on the front axle if im goin to swap it out for the hp. i know i can swap over ecerything, but more work. what do you guys think? anyone running this setup? o its gunna be my dd/trail pig. thanks
You'll thank your self later for going HP now.

I've got a HPD30 housing (bare with knuckles/brackets) thats got a 90% complete truss you can have for $50... PM me if you want.

If you're already planning on swapping all that over, why do it on a LPD30? Even if you don't grab one of mine, it'd be worth it in the end to only regear and do all the work once. Especially if you're not going it yourself (which isn't really all that bad). If I was in your shoes, I'd look for a HPD30 (and thats not just because I want to unload mine). Or go all out as just head for the D44 or D60, I've got those too. :D

Again, seriously... head for the HPD30... why have the possibility that it "might be ok"? It's your DD, I wouldn't risk it.

I am just around 6 " with a LP 30 and I think any higher and there would be significant problems with castor and vibes. I feel that I am at the threshold right now between the castor angle needed for proper tracking and vibes. If you go any higher than 6" ,my opinion is to get the HP.

i think im gunna keep it lp. i have adjustable uppers, just havent put them in. its prob going to be a full trail rig when it gets paid off, so then ill prob go bigger, then swap in fullwidths. ill prob just go with an aussie up front and the mile marker hub conversion

Back