• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive shaft help

Deano

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 XJ with now 6.5 inch lift and I just put in a SYE , now Im straped for a drive shaft. I tryed the front shaft but it was to short. Does anyone know of a shaft that will work or have to be cut down to work?

what trans, transfer case, what rear end? too many variables

Deano said:
I have a 91 XJ with now 6.5 inch lift and I just put in a SYE , now Im straped for a drive shaft. I tryed the front shaft but it was to short. Does anyone know of a shaft that will work or have to be cut down to work?

Get a ZJ front shaft. They are a little longer. If it stil does not work bring it to your local driveline shop and have them lengthen it.

I used a front shaft out of a 89 xj auto (mines an auto with the 242and d35) and I still had to have it lengthened, but I'm told its a swap in with the 8.25 rear

I'm pretty positive ant xj shaft will come up short. It cost me $30.00 shop time and a case of beer to have mine re-tubed and welded, maybe your best option without shelling out dough

I just measured a YJ front shaft and its 39" but it is alot smaller than a Xj shaft I wounder if it would hold up to crawling around on rocks?

Back