• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jumped on the Seafoam bandwagon

artsifrtsi

NAXJA Forum User
Yup, this stuff does work! Ran it through last night, and Jeep is so quiet at idle now, I can hear the injectors ticking with the hood closed. Added some to the oil, will change that in a week or so, gonna add a bottle to the gas when I fill up.

The only thing really bad that happened, was I discovered that I have a bad exhaust manifold gasket, as the smoke was coming out of the #6 port on the exhaust manifold in addition to the tail-pipe.

Some friends and I bought a disassembled motorcycle last weekend (1983 Honda CM450-E), got it back together and started it up. It idled great, but everytime you revved it the engine would die.

A little Seafoam in the gas tank worked wonders. It revved like a champ afterwards, and I couldn't believe the crap that came out of the exhaust pipes at full throttle. Definitely worth the six dollars.

OK....need someone to help me clear up some questions about the mystery of Seafoam.

Do you run it through the vacuum lines (and which ones??)

I've been told so many different things about this...most of them seem to be negative. Something about how the vacuum system is supposed to be clean/dry, and that the Seafoam will eat up gaskets/valves/hoses....

Use it every oil change. With 315000 miles on my 1987 RENIX 4.0 (all original) My oil comes out clean and my plugs look like new.

Back