• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP 44 and truss

xcmtnbker

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 78' Ford, 3/4 ton, 3" tube, 8-lug HP 44 and I am looking at using the TNT truss. Just for giggles I called TNT and explained my future specs and thier head designer told me that the TNT truss (as seen below) doesn't work well with a leaf sprung 44 b/c of the cast perches. He claimed that the TNT truss was built for the 1/2 ton 44 with the radius wedges. But as anyone knows you can cut the perches off and trim the truss to fit each application.

My question to you all is have you guys ran the TNT truss with a 3" tube HP 44 w/ cast perches? If so, can you drop me some pointers on what to look for? Or do you have other recommendations?

Robbie <><

D44truss.jpg

I would think that one of the reasons to not use the TnT truss with the cast mounts, is beacause the short side of the truss, would not reach any part of the tube and you would not be able to have TnT coils spring perches in that position to weld to on your application. You'd have to weld to the cast center section if you were to try and use that truss.

100_2451.jpg

just cut the perches off the housing. they are cast into the center section, but not welded to the tube. then you will be able to use the TnT truss

This months JP Mag has a write up on doing this very thing.

xcmtnbker said:
I was planning on using thier coil bucket/lower combo. Thanks!

but what about trying with the shock part too??? So that way you can tell me if it works or not :D But I do like both. Plus it looks like it raises the coil for some lift.

Do you plan to run a stock style trackbar? If so, how will you attach it to the axle?

Back