• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back up and running pics

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
I am proud to say that by the weekend I will be a member of the "have a running and working rig" ranks again! I finally got my jeep put back together so I am ready for memorial weekend in plenty of time.
I got the front HP44 installed and rolling. Look at all that clearance! Thanks to Bill for narrowing it for me, and Shane for putting in the gears.

IMGP1703.jpg

ROck rings installed.
IMGP1704.jpg

I also finally got my rear doors back from the upholstery joint. Now all the panels are the same material as well. I finally accomplished my goal of getting an open air feel in a jeep, while still being able to close it up so my wife will come every once and a while...

IMGP1705.jpg

Basically I just need to hook up the air line and make sure everything is tight, and from there give it a much needed bath and some paint. We'll be ready to rock for the summer! Moab here we come...

Oh and just for giggles, here's my new rpoject since I dont want to touch my jeep for a while...
IMGP1718.jpg

nice doors.

daxjbubba said:
Can you take some side shots of your whole rig with thew covers on. That thing is awesome. liking the new project too. You have some awesome toys

X2

far away shots of the overall rig would be great!

i forgot, what was the reason behind tearing it apart? motor or because of the roll?

i like the door handles inside for pulling it shut [thats what i assume they are for] they look mean.

i agree, id like to see that thing in a full shot again.

I tore it down becuase I wanted a HP front end. Out in SD I was beating the tar out of my front shaft. So, since I had all he parts already good to go, I just needed a housing and some new gears. Plus hten I did up the rear doors as well. Just took a lot longer than I thought...
I narrowed it to waggy length since that is what size alloy shafts I had. Plus then it mates up to my XJ real nice. No issues with hitting yoke on the arms at all. Fits great.
Here's a shot of it from the side. The snaps arent done because they were drying. It should get a bath next week sometime. Then its going wheeling on memorial weekend.
IMGP1732.jpg

Damn, that's cool!

The doors cost me about $250 to do. I had the covers made at an upholstery shop, and that was $230. Other than that, just cutting wheels and sheet metal.
Thanks for the compliments guys.
j

Back