• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ rear bumper

wcbuyer

NAXJA Forum User
Is the rear bumper for the 97+ XJ's the same? The parts listing I have show different part numbers but I don't trust that to much.

Thanks

It should be, they are all the same body style....can't imagine they'd change the bumper from year to year....

the difference is one little ridge of the top of the bumper

Order a tomken rear with built in receiver. Just a massive steel bumper that allows you to reuse the end caps, strip it and repaint it first though, their finish bites...othewise JCROFFROAD has a decent one too. Those two are the lower end of the price scale, they go up from there...

I will look at those but what I am wanting to do is put backup lights in the bumper. I saw on other forum where someone had done this and I don't want to cut my bumper in case I screw it up.

RichP said:
Order a tomken rear with built in receiver. Just a massive steel bumper that allows you to reuse the end caps, strip it and repaint it first though, their finish bites...othewise JCROFFROAD has a decent one too. Those two are the lower end of the price scale, they go up from there...

That's good info to know, just in case I ever have a good excuse to replace mine........

wcbuyer said:
I will look at those but what I am wanting to do is put backup lights in the bumper. I saw on other forum where someone had done this and I don't want to cut my bumper in case I screw it up.

WHy not pick up one from the boneyard, cut it up how ever you need to and have it painted or powdercoated to suit your purposes?

Back