• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where can I find ?

Leo Brazil

NAXJA Forum User
I'm really sorry for this stupid question but here I go...

Can you tell me where can I find spare bulbs for the underhood light ?

I had here a website of a great spare parts shop that has those but I lost my hard disk....

I found many types of bulbs on the web but none of them even close to the model I have in my XJ 1998.

Tks.

camarors8992 said:
I believe you have to buy an entirely new housing. I have the same one on my '98 classic

The funny is I had a website in my Favorite, a great one...This shop has everything you may need for you XJ....I was about the place an order for a pack with 10 pcs of those bulbs for U$0.86 each (only sold in 10 pcs pack)....but I tought to my self, the guy will killed me if I place an stupid order like that, so I decided to look around my XJ if I need something else, you know, try to get free shipping.....next day my HD was gone and I lost this info....:banghead: :bawl:

This thread is my last chance....the stock housing is great and looks so much better than the regular ones available....

both had the "regular" lightbulb type lamp (Gen. Electric #90)
based on your description, I would look for a part number 561
or a number 211-2 bulb. I have used these in place of each other and they are both roughly 1/4" diameter and 1" in length.
--Shorty

if neither work, stay 'faithful as a Fila' ( Fila Brasileiro ) and we will find you somethin' !

Shorty said:
or a number 211-2 bulb. I have used these in place of each other and they are both roughly 1/4" diameter and 1" in length.
--Shorty

if neither work, stay 'faithful as a Fila' ( Fila Brasileiro ) and we will find you somethin' !
2x on the 211-2 I've got a drawer full of them at my shop. pretty common bulb. Any auto parts store or chry dealer. Gm used that bulb for years as a dome light. Don't you guys have a napa equivelent in Brazil?

The earlier ones used the number 90 bulb - it has one filament with a metal can base and 2 terminals on the bottom, at least thats what I put in mine. Our parts catalog lists a # 105 bulb which has a metal can base with 1 terminal unlike the elongated 2112 bulb. Anyway the bulb numbers are fairly standardized numbers. If you are lucky the number might be stamped on the old bulb.

Shorty said:
--Shorty

Hi Shorty, here I go again faithful as a Fila (good dog in fact)....definetelly is GE #561....I've found the pic at a bulb supplier website....2112 looks pretty close but the electrical terminals are different.

I tried to find this #561 in many Jeep parts websites and I couldn't find in none of them....Any tips for me ? You know, as I need other stuff for my Jeep it doesn't make any sense to bring only the bulbs from one place and parts from another....know what I mean ?

bfred said:
2x on the 211-2 I've got a drawer full of them at my shop. pretty common bulb. Any auto parts store or chry dealer. Gm used that bulb for years as a dome light. Don't you guys have a napa equivelent in Brazil?

What do you mean with napa equivelent ? This would be good to know....

Thanks for your help guys.

Advance Auto lists the hood lamp as a 105 bulb
4613534453_bulb.jpg

the 561
4613535439_bulb.jpg

Definitely is #561, extactly the same I have installed.
Many sites, states #561 as Map Lamp and not underhood lamp. But checking the lamp housing carefully, it's made only for #561.

Thanks for your help guys. This helped me a lot.

Back