• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loose receiver.

XJ Samo

NAXJA Forum User
Whenever I try to use my 2" receiver for my bike rack or trailer their is a lot of play. Not that big a deal with the trailer, but its banging the Hell out of my bike, oh yeah my wife's bike too. (not so worried about hers).
Any thoughts on a fix, short of replacing the whole thing?
Sam

markw said:
Get a better bike rack. Or shim it. I dumped the rack I had where you put the bikes over two tubes and they swung in favor of a sportworks (now thule T2 style).

http://www.wolfenet.org/gallery2/v/Bikes/corsa/IMG_2207.JPG.html

Of course, my choice of a go faster bike kind of forced that also.

Won't work I've got the spare rack out back.
Wonder if that would support one of those bike racks that attach to a tire?
Sam

It'll work... I've had that rack on stuff with a spare on the back before. They also make extensions. Of course, I think my heaviest bike is only 23lbs, so I don't worry about stuff hanging too far off the back, Carbon is a wonderful thing. :)

Silent hitch pin

Silent_Hitch_Pin_Locking_2030_Pkgd1.jpg

Blaine B. said:
I don't think that will help him.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem??? I thought he was complaining about excess slop between his 2" receiver and the bike rack?

Here's how the silent pin works:

"The Silent Hitch Pin™ utilizes a spring-backed nut that is inserted inside the ball mount and aligned with the ball mount's pin hole. The ball mount is then inserted into the receiver, and when the threaded Silent Hitch Pin™ engages the spring nut, the ball mount is squeezed against the receiver wall."

install1.jpg
install2.jpg

JEEPZZ said:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem??? I thought he was complaining about excess slop between his 2" receiver and the bike rack?

Here's how the silent pin works:

"The Silent Hitch Pin™ utilizes a spring-backed nut that is inserted inside the ball mount and aligned with the ball mount's pin hole. The ball mount is then inserted into the receiver, and when the threaded Silent Hitch Pin™ engages the spring nut, the ball mount is squeezed against the receiver wall."

install1.jpg
install2.jpg
Where can one be found?
Sam

Back