• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slave cylinder problems ?

JeepXJman

NAXJA Forum User
hi .. im a newbie to the site..i searched for my problem firstt but i couldnt find anything that answered my problem..i have a 95 XJ 4.0 HO with the AX15 .. i jumped in my rig the other day and started it up...it started fine then when to move and it stalled as if i had just let out the clutch .. went to re-start and it started as if the clutch was ingaged .. i shut it off and re-started and i had clutch again... it had done this a few times and if i push the pedal a few times i will get it back but i will do it and then it wont do it for a month or it could do it the next day ...any help would be greatly appreciated...sorry if i missed the forum where this was talked about ...
thanks
john

sorry i forgot to post that also ...no its not dropping and there is no leaks .....it works great 98% of the time it wont work for liek 5 minutes at the most ...and it seems like it doesnt matter whether its hot or cold out either ..... thanks

john

I knew it was time to replace the slave and master cylinder on my clutch when there was way too much play on the actual pedal itself. I had to almost hit the floor board before I felt any pressure to actually get the clutch to work, FYI, they usually give out at around the same time so it would be wise to just replace both of them at the same time.

thanks for all the help ... i will repalce both of them this weekend....proably get a throw out and check clutch and flywheel while im in there ... thanks again

Since you have a '95, there is no need to go into the bellhousing (unless you want to of course). The slave cylinder is external on your year so it's a very easy job ... like 1 hour tops.

Back