• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Blue, in all her glory.

TrueBlueXJ

NAXJA Forum User
:wave: For those of you who don't know, I've been around here a while asking noob questions, asking modified tech questions, and eventually asking lift-related questions. Well, with all your guys' help, what you see before you is how she's sitting now. Many thanks to all of you. :worship: I've had the Jeep about a year - my second XJ, even though the first one wasn't around too long ('86 POS). I did some mild wheeling in the last year, but nothing too challenging, but it was a nice refresher and a good way to learn throttle/4wd controls before I hit the trails for real. The lift's been on and complete for about three weeks. Took exactly seven days from start to finish, but we won't get into that right now. Haven't had a chance to get her out on anything too rough, but she's proven herself on mild trails and handles great on the street. Anyway, on to the specs and the pics:

Specs:
2.5L I4
Rubicon Express 3.5" Superflex Kit w/ full leaf packs
Rubicon Express Mono-tube shocks
Gen II Swaybar Quick Disconnects
31x10.50" Interco TrXus MTs
Cragar Soft 8s
K&N hi-flow air filter
Dynomax Super Turbo cat-back exhaust

Future mods include:
New bumpers front and rear (w/ tire carrier)
Fender flares
Rock sliders
4.56 gears
4.0L throttle body and spacer

FINALLY, the pics:

100_5202.jpg

100_5195.jpg

100_5198.jpg

100_5201.jpg

100_5199.jpg

No poser flex, sorry. :cool: And yes, I just washed it. Hadn't seen it clean since the build-up.

Last edited:
Haha, the camera does wonders. Its got its fair share of scratches and the passenger's side looks like a fat lady's thighs. Dents all over the place.

But fender flares and rock sliders will be coming in a few months, and I may Herculine the skirts like I've seen some people do.

here's what happens in a years time after you lift it:

Stock, dirty from the winter, but good paint, straight body:
MVC-001S.jpg

A year after hanging out with the midwest crew:

DSCF0629.jpg

the other side has dents just as large, from me floppig it in a v-notch.

I love how 2 doors look

TrueBlueXJ said:
Haha, well I'm pretty conservative in my wheeling. If there's a pussy path I'll take it, at least until I get a new DD, and that'll be a while.
it IS my DD.
yes, I'm a bit stupid.

freakin' fantastic pics man...the XJ is looking good.

No shimming. I don't have any vibes, but I can feel a slight high-pitched buzz at around 65 mph, but can't really tell where it comes from. Not sure if it's drivetrain related.

And the van's a '67 Ford Econoline HD with the 9" rear end. It's my roommate's new project.

Back