• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 wide chain conversion

kewlkatdady

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah I know...search...blah blah blah.

I did a search for "wide chain conversion" and it only came up with 4-6 threads that even had those words in it.

Am I searching for the wrong phrase?

Do you have any information on this conversion?

Have you done this conversion?

Any info is appriciated.

Thanks,
KKD

JB Conversions makes the kit and I'm sure its well worth it. I did not personally install the kit when I ordered up a new 231 but I had JB put it in as an option. I think its a well worth it cost when looking into 231 upgrades. I wish they made one for the 242.

thanks for all the info...

but I thought there was some kinda conversion using Dodge HD 231 parts.

Am I wrong...I certainly don't know anything about this otherwise I wouldn't be "dumbing" up this thread.

Trying to build a stronger 231 and need some help.

Thanks.

I talked to JB conversions when I bought my SYE from them about the chain. JB and his wife used to run the trails in my old neck of the woods and I talked to his wife when I called. The stock chain is good enough and on my rig with 130k miles I was told to not even bother to change the stock chain unless I had evidence that it got hot at some time. Save your money for somthing else.

Back