• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JunkYard Find, Roof and Upper Doors all molded in FIBERGLASS

PstrKd4BrthCntrll

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so a few of my friends and I took a trip to the local Pick N Pull and happened across this. Its a 98? Cherokee that had been stripped and a wierd Frame Installed, as well as the steering wheel swaped to the other side.

As for the Roof and Upper half of the doors have been removed and replaced with QUALITY done Fiber glass. From the outside, ya wouldnt even know it was not metal... but closer inspection would tell different.

PICS!!!

Dash Shots
Dash.jpg

As you can see, the Instrument panel is on the left, and they cut out the dhas on the right and routed the steering wheel through there. This Cher was exported to somewhere cause I took a pic of the door sticker and it has the sidemarker light above the fender flare

Dash2.jpg

DashandFrame2.jpg

Note the metal "frame"

DashandFrame.jpg

PedalsandFrame.jpg

Pedals and Frame

Interior Shot of the d-pillar. All in fiberglass. As for the hatch, that was molded into the body, one peice. All the pillars were molding in fiberglass
DriversDPillar.jpg

Metal door to fiberglass upper inside shot
InsideFiberGlassdoor.jpg

Roof[note the metal tabs molded into the ceiling
Roof.jpg

Lookin away from the instrument panel
PassrearSeatArea.jpg

As for the Suspension.... It has front RAMS!
DriversFrontRam.jpg

And rear rams as well but those where taken off. Top mount piced, the bottom of the ram was probably connected to the sway bar mount on the u-bolt plate.
RearRamMount.jpg

Engine Compartment...Riddle me this one.... Here is what really boggles the mind. If the instrument panel is on the right, the brake booster and such should be on the right was well. and The A/c lines should be on the left. BUT on this cherokee, the steering wheel is on the left and the a/c lines of the right.
EngineCompartment.jpg

EngineCompartment2.jpg

Looks like with the cross bracing, there is no room for an engine. The Engine, trans, and t/c have been removed from the XJ, only the axles are left of the driveline

Any suggestion on what they could have used it for? I was thinking a car for hydraulics[making the car hop up and down, but why all the fiberglass, and swaping the steering wheel to the other side...

evil dead said:
probably a movie or stunt car they end up as rolling props and if it works for a shot it doesnt have to be functional

i agree, also, if they break it, fiberglass may be easier/cheaper to fix.

most likely a movie stunt vehicle, i dont see any other reason for all of that...

Travis

no d44? haha

Dang, usually the only thing I find there is that someone came around and removed all the rear diff covers.

Its cool to come across something different everyonce in a while.

As others said I agree with it being a prop, mainly becuase that metal frame would really fawk with driving it.

Don't know why the wheel was moved though... (since the dash still is obviously a LH drive one from outside with the part that comes up for the instruments)

Is all the pillars cut at the lower end, and a fibreglass roof is casted on top of this?

I'd yank the roof, think of the weight savings! Jeepspeed, anyone?

And what's up with the big-ass Chrysler radio unit.. and GC dashboard?

The upper dash is from a 99+ grand cherokee, however, the rest looks like just a cherokee dash. I want that switch panel!!

Was it a Limited?

Back