• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Version of the Rear Storage Platform

dcXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Many thanks those that came up with this design first here...I pulled ideas from a couple of different people on NAXJA to do this today. I love the way it came out...very functional, holds my 60lb Border Collie without any troubles, and has 4 compartments (2 main compartments accessible by both the rear hatch and by lowering the rear seat...and two smaller side compartments for storing gloves, winch remote, deflator, ratchet straps and other misc. goodies).

Here are some pictures of how it came out.

-Dave.

StoragePlatform028.jpg

StoragePlatform032.jpg

what kind of divider is that. i have been looking for one like that that is not very expensive.

Thanks guys...as for the pet divider...I'm not sure of the name...I got it at PetsMart a year or so ago...it was about $50, and it's pretty cool. Rattles a lot, but it keeps the dog where she's supposed to be.

As far as money for the project, I already had the plywood left over from other home projects...the nuts, bolts, screws, carpeting, liquid nails, and misc. other supplies totalled about $50-$60. Not too bad. Total time for the project took about 6 or 7 hours. I was real cautious with measuring correctly, cutting, and notching so that everything fit snug and wouldn't move or rattle...it seems to have worked out well.

I take it out of the rig (release it from the holder) when I'm airing up tires.

...and thanks Steve!:)

Looks good!

But I couldn't help but notice something in the background on that last picture. Look infront of that car parked on the opposite side of the road ahead, WTF is that to the right front of it!?!?

I think it is a fake kid to make people slow down, If it is I need one in front of my house as well. Hell of an Idea untill they figure it out.

Haha, yeah, it's one of those signs that encourages people to slow down. There's usually one up there, and one about 100 yards in the other direction. The little guy holds an orange flag too. We have about 15 other kids in our neighborhood in addition to our own two that are always playing outside...and lately there have been a lot of speeders...so those were put up and we were able to get a police radar site set up at the bottom of the street. They've caught A LOT of speeders in the past few weeks.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Looks good!

But I couldn't help but notice something in the background on that last picture. Look infront of that car parked on the opposite side of the road ahead, WTF is that to the right front of it!?!?

I thought it was the AOL dude.. :laugh3:

Dave, looks good!

John B said:

So did I, as I sat there late last night rubbing my eyes making sure I wasn't seeing things...lol

John B said:

Dave, looks good!

:laugh: That's great!!!! Too funny....and thanks....I'm happy with it.

....and I forgot to say about the "AOL Dude"....they do normally carry flags...but some of the college kids in the area keep stealing them....I think they've made off with about 10 so far...so the people that own the little dudes have just given up :laugh:

Looks great man,

Do you have the dimensions for us lazy folks by any chance? :D

The platform does look good, I might just have to copy. Everytime I look at this thread the little guy cracks me up FREAKIN HALARIOUS. I would probably try to run over the AOL guy.

Crazy

Thanks guys...I don't remember them off the top of my head...but I can get some measurements over the next couple of days and I'll toss 'em up here for all of you.

Dave.

Back