• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33's on a 3" lift

RyleyF

NAXJA Forum User
0904071627rq6.jpg

0904071628dy6.jpg

My friend had these lying around so we put them on my Heep. Things I've noticed: 1. My brakes don't really work anymore 2. Oh god this thing is SLOW

And by slow I mean I was driving up the mountain to Boone and dump trucks were passing me and my jeep started overheating. Should be better than bald 265/75/16 all-terrains though :)

Things that I need to do: 1. Trim rear fenders tomorrow and 2. BUMPSTOPS!

Really you noticed all that just from going from basically 32's to 33's?

I'll be picking up my 33's on Friday to replace my 32's, I better fix my cooling problem then.

These 265's were about the size of some well worn 31's and the 33's are about an inch and a half wider. It's definitely noticeable. I also need to get some aftermarket control arms too, these things rub a lot.

And these are on 3.55's?
We've run that exact setup, (33's, 3" and 3.55's) for over a year now and really don't think it's that bad.
It's not fast, but wouldn't really consider it slow. Mind you, we've rebuilt most of the 4.0,(bearings,rings,etc.).
Is it a standard?

Couple of the guys who I know who run 33's and even one who runs 35s on stock gears hasn't really complained.

I've been on 33s and 355s for a few months now and it isin't that bad...Its noticably slower but it still pulls real well in second. I drive around in third up to around a certain point because if I leave it in Drive it kind of hunts around..try that I feel a difference at least.

-Andrew

It does get pretty steep headin into Boone. I'd imagine it was pretty slow with 33's. What kind of control arms are you lookin for? I've got 10.50's on my stock wheels and they rub as well. I know Rusty's has lca's for stock wheels. Thought about wheel spacers too. I'd imagine all other aftermarket lca's would continue to rub.

Yeah I'll be looking into some LCAs this summer along with a regear to 4.88's or maybe just a new engine (which is what it needs the most). I've got almost 220k on this old girl, it piston slaps like a sumbitch when I start it (Might be rod knock, who cares :) ) and my back hatch has all these nice droplets of oil all over it. Wore out doesn't begin to describe the engine on this thing.

Back