• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

?square driver shafts?

MountainRhino

NAXJA Forum User
to me this seems a bit...odd. but while reading the info on that really nice black xj with 39's and d60's that was in the "readers rides" pull out of petersons fourwheel a couple months back, i noticed that he said he had square driveshavfts.

someone explain to me how that beats the typical, standard round ones. isnt a round shape the strongest design

If it was a smart thing to do, competition guys would be doing it...

It's pretty hard to balance a square shaft I'm thinking...

trust me i agree. i cant see why some one with all the investment that the said jeep had, would put something so trivial on a rig that size. also wouldnt the rounded corners of a peice of box steel be the weak point in a twist?!?!:doh:
i could see it making a good spare

They can be had at the farm co-op or tractor supply for cheap they are made to be cut to length. They sell all sorts of sizes and other stuff like High lift jacks, d-rings, pieces and parts for chains,shackles and other hardware you can use to modify your rig. Stop by a tractor supply and scope it out if you have never been in that type of store. Pretty cheap too.

Back