• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" lift question

92XJT

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4.5 rough country lift - question I have is will it be doable for awhile to install 1.75" spacers on the RC control arms. From what I know the lowers are RC and the uppers appear to be stock. It does have the trac bar drop, longer pitman arm, and t-case drop, and I assume it will it pull my axle back with the additional lift. Just looking to get a little more wheel well room and maybe then add a slightly larger tire.

Don't know what you mean by "installing 1.75 spacer on the control arms". Do you mean installing them above the coil springs? You could do it but it will ride rough and limit flex since you are in essence "drooping the control arms down" and creating a steeper control arm angle at static/riding height.

Yeah thats what I meant (4.5" coils + 1.75 spacers) in conjuction with the RC control arms that came with the 4.5" lift - guess after reading it could sound a little confusing. Not too concerned with a rough ride its a trail only rig. Probably try this setup since its cheap and then go from there - right now my 31's rub at full flex a little, and I am hoping to go up to 33's eventually. Haven't trimmed any fenders yet so that too is an option.

yep it will ride pretty bad and flex will definetly be limited by the CA's. Also not sure what it will do to your pinion angle but 6" lift on stock arms is getting a little extreme IMO...

92XJT said:
right now my 31's rub at full flex a little, and I am hoping to go up to 33's eventually. Haven't trimmed any fenders yet so that too is an option.

If your only on 31s now, might want to just trim and bumpstop it for now, and keep the COG down.
That way you clear your tires while keeping your flex and ride.

Trim the fenders to clear your current tires and save your money for a better lift kit. Rough Country's stuff is pretty bottom of the barrel.

Well I'll probably try the spacers, and if the flex is too crappy, then that will give me a good excuse to get new arms upper and lower. Will my trac bar drop and pitman drop be sufficient for now too?

It flexes pretty good now I think
91429.jpg

Last edited:
Back