• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about "Easy" trail

FinalBossX

NAXJA Forum User
Noob w/ a stock XJ here. I don't think I will have my lift installed by the Big Bear SoCalFest run and was wondering if I could run with just a set of swaybar disconnects on the easy run. I have recovery points in front/rear and stock skids but zero experience. Will I still have fun/learn? I guess I could rush and get the lift/tires but I'd rather see everyones rig before modding. Would I need rails for the easy runs? Would I be going over anything larger than a curb? Any info for the people running stock would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

Don't rush the lift! Come on up stock and see what your rig can do. It may surprise you.

I am not sure what the "easy" trail is, but I can guarantee it will be beautiful. If you have the opportunity and time, I would get rock rails, but they should not be needed on an easy run, just always recommended.

I am pretty sure you will be going over rocks and small ledges/bumps larger than most curbs... the access road/fire roads have drainage ways for when it rains and they can be several inches deep, but these DO NOT warrant rock rails.

I am sure we will hear more about the trails as time gets closer. There is usually 4 or 5 stockers that go up and have a great time.

See you there!

Mike,
There are plenty of trails out there, you have all the forest service roads and then you have the trails that are rated. Before I got the lift put on my XJ, I ran Jacoby Canyon and belive it or not Gold Mountain and White Montain, stock/ connected/ and with out lockers :gag: . It is a great group of people out there and a lot of experience to learn from. You'll have a great time
Wish I could make it
Fish

fish1976 said:
Wish I could make it. Fish

WHAT! You're not going to make it? That stinks. I was looking forward to seeing ou guys again and wheelin together.

Enjoy whatever else it is you are doing.

I'm going to try to be there on disco'd sway bars, welded 8.25, 30's and a boost, but no armor outside the cheesy black plastic "skid" over my gas tank. I might bring a friend if I can make it since we've been wanting to run Big Bear for a while. He has an XJ with 4", 31s, dual ARBs, rock rails, and disco'd sway bars. Also have a friend with a full-size Cherokee on 33's who might want to come along. Possibly his son(s) in their Fords. One has a classic Bronco (1st gen) with I believe a winch, and on what appear to be 33s or 35s. No lockers. The brother has a late 70's F-series on 35s and probably a winch but no lockers... What's the official stance on non-NAXJA members/non-XJs at an official run?

BlackSport96 said:
What's the official stance on non-NAXJA members/non-XJs at an official run?

They msut bring beer, money, and hot women.....:cheers:

They just need to have a good attitude, prepared vehicle, and love for wheelin....

There is no real stance. I would encourage them to pony up a few dollars and stay for the BBQ and raffle.............

Yeah you'll be good as a stocker. If nobody else does it I will lead an easy run. ONe of my rules for official events is that there must always be an easy run!

There is one easy trail that I will probably be leading, more info on that later (it's brand spankin' new and I still have to learn more about it).

GSequoia said:
Yeah you'll be good as a stocker. If nobody else does it I will lead an easy run. ONe of my rules for official events is that there must always be an easy run!

There is one easy trail that I will probably be leading, more info on that later (it's brand spankin' new and I still have to learn more about it).

Thanks Geoff. I can lead one on Sunday, if needed.

GSequoia said:

I dont mind leading a easy run saturday and/or friday night. Im plenty well equiped to help the guys out if they need it and my wife would probably apreciate her first trip in the YJ more that way.

I am looking forward to deepcreek and holcome but I can run them any time.

hey ive been on naxja for quite some time, BUT im a newb when it comes to any of the runs....ill be in the same boat as u....except for the lift and tires, armor part...i was just wondering what is considered easy?! and the moderate trails...sorry for jumpin in this thread..

easy = usually can be done by stock with a little frustration skid plates and recovery points recomended
maoderate = usually needs some lift and skid plates/rock rails are and recovery points recomended
Difficult = lift,locker(s) and protection required

It isnt a great list of stuff but its but early and Im still asleep

Back