• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hmmm....How do they look?

To be honest....I think they look kindof corny right there. Should have just put them on a light rail across the top or on the front bumper. If you wanted light right there you should have got those ones that mount right by the windshield that you can control from the inside like the cops have.:)

I'm not too fond of the looks to be honest, they look rather out of place- I also think they will take a lot of abuse mounted there from branches. I wouldn't like that added stress on my body panels :( Sorry

I have a hard enough time keeping my mirrors on. I don't think they'd last very long with me either. Same goes for A pillar mounted lights.

Hale

Guess you should have posted this thread before you drilled those biga$$ holes in yer pretty little fenders now shouldn you have!!!:twak: I know how to fixem tho...mount that big wheel in the background on your hood and I garauntee no one will notice the lights :D

Last edited:
John B said:
The question is how do YOU like them? Bottom line, thats really the only opinion that truly matters.

:repair:

Yup, I would have made up a Z mount to bolt between the hood and bumper in that seam then mounted them. I try not to drill holes in body panels, I have enough problems keeping the panels straight with the trees and rocks as is and have peeled off my stock fender flares a few times, folded back my mirrors alot but thats all repairable and made to work that way. Those lights though, I dunno.

John B said:
The question is how do YOU like them? Bottom line, thats really the only opinion that truly matters.

true. I would have mounted them on the roof rack.

John B said:

The more I look at them the better I like them. As far as getting them torn off, I don't really bash on it much on the trails since it's my DD, and even then I never venture into anywhere that would pose a risk of tearing them off, mostly mild jeep trails and logging roads. They're mounted pretty solidly because I fabricated a backing plate for the mounts so there isn't any flex from merely being bolted through the fender sheet metal.

do it up then.
I see that you're in GA, so the Midwest Chapter views might be different than yours.
Round these parts it's just about impossible to keep mirrors for any length of time. Trees are bad mmmmkay

I've had my mirrors knocked back many times, wouldn't want to mount lights there. However, I'd put those holes you made in your fenders to use...as mounting points for a bar that runs across the width of the vehicle. Then mount the lights to that, closer to the center of the rig.

I'd even go further with it and weld it in behind the fender to the subframe, then it'd function as more of a centralized structural strongpoint to grab onto for...whatever. Might even help to stiffen up the chassis and prevent excess flex. Of course you'd have to fabricate this thing...but that's the fun part.

Last edited:
Im a big fan of doing something different so i like them.I agree that on trails..obviously they would become tree-bait but i dont go on any close trails down here in south texas either. Out on "off highway" roads and places where you neeed to keep a look out for things like...deer and other people away from the pavement. they would work well. I like the low-pro look too. Kinda "5.0" lookin

Back