• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long day

jeepnuts311

NAXJA Forum User
hey all

i was pulling my girlfriends 2wd ranger up a hill, i spooled out the winch cuz it was a long hill and i was pulling her up in reverse. her rear diff started dragging, so i let slack on the winch and put the jeep in park, and got out, it popped out of park and started rolling down the hill, picked up speed quickly, and hit a rut and flipped over onto its head. nobody was in the jeep and it didnt hit her truck. nobody was hurt, just unfortunate.

the top is pretty buckled and i had to put a new radiator in it, but it drove just fine on the way home. i need a new windshield and a roll cage.

roll2.jpg

roll1.jpg

roll3.jpg

Man that blows. I don't know if I would have rathered to been in it while it rolled so that I knew it was my own driving, or have something liek that happen when no one was in it. I always wondered how a snorkel would hold up to a rollover once I got mine, how is yours? cracked at all, did the top just fall off? Nice looking jeep minus the new body work. Sorry man.

begster,

i would have much rather been driving it and flopped it onto its side or even rolled it over gently. it pretty much careened down the hill and finally caught rut and flopped all the way over. if i was in it, it wouldnt have started down the hill, but oh well....considering how fast it went down the hill, im glad i wasnt in it.

the body of the snorkel held up pretty well, although the body of the snorkel pushed in the fender when the jeep landed on the snorkel. all of the other body panels held up, so i think the snorkel is what killed that fender. the head of the snorkel didnt fare so well, you can see it mangled in that last pic.

-Tim

Ya I could see the head of the snorkel didn't fair too well, but thats good to know that the other part of its alright.

I'm in the same boat as you, I would rather to be in it and do a slow roll than that, but since it was going fast as you said, glad you weren't in it.

Rehab, if I remember correctly, you were the one with the flexing attempt gone bad?

If your a-pillars are still OK you can probably just use a high lift or porta power to push it back out. The a-pillars are the hardest thing to move when something like this happens. If your lucky and they are OK you should be able to get a windshield back in it no problem.

hey guys
i was able to straighten the roof out enough for the guy to get new glass in it. he said he wouldnt be able to guarantee it from leaks, but he did his best.

the trim that surrounded the windshield was mangled and there is about a 1/2" gap all the way around the windshield. i dont really care if it looks ugly, its not made for looks, but im concerned with leaks. the guy said if i try to fill in the gap i could break the windshield from body flex.

what do you think? i was thinking black RTV

newglass.jpg

Back