• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ CEL?

Vanquish

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished installing some HID's into my 2000 which aren't DRL compatible it seems. However theres now a check engine light....which im assuming is from the DRLs not operating....am I correct?

If I am correct, how would I get this damn light to turn off. I can't stand having any orange lights lit up on my dash...

The light will be on if the computer thinks there is a problem. No real way to turn it off. If the problem is there, the light is there.
However, how about getting someone to read the codes for you? Could just be a coincidence.

The DTR's won't lite the CEL it's more than likely just a coincidence. To get it out disconnect the battery for a minuet or so. If there is really a problem it will come back.
The DTR operates the high beam headlights with a lower voltage so they are not as bright. If you did hook the HID's up to the high beam the reason your HID lights won't come on is because it is not enough voltage to make them work. You are eather going to have to add a set of aftermarket lights to replace the high beams, or just turn you headlights on all the time.

Back