• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quadratec leaves?

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
:helpme::helpme:Does anyone out there run the quadratec heavy duty leaf springs? My leaves are flat now that I have rustys 1.5" shackles and spacer in front. If I load things up for say I camping trip Im sure that it will sag really bad. I guess what I want to know is how they ride and what the quality of them is. Ive heard they sit about an inch higher than the stock leafs when they get broken in. Is getting one of the smaller leaves out of another cherokee pack a better option? Im pretty limited on funds as a college student. Help would be greatly appriciated

Last edited:
I was thinking of getting a leaf out of another xj pack. Which one should I do? I dont want more thatn another 1" of lift so it doesnt look like a hot rod unloaded

Search for it is your best bet. Also search for the quadratec leaf pack, another member on here with a blue 97+ has a nice setup and said he got a nice ride out of it. Look around and let us know what you find.

If you have some extra leaf packs then I suggest taking the longest leafs out of the packs and adding them to yours. You are better off with using the longer leafs because they will give you the extra support you want but still keep a smooth ride quality. No matter what you do when you add leafs to the packs you are going to get lift, but remember that short leafs ride harsh and long leafs ride smooth. Just my $0.02.

But what if I took out the smallest leaf in the pack and then put an AAL under the main leaf that should cu thte advertised lift of the AAL shouldn't it?

I used the QT HD springs and the main leaf with the eyes cut off out of the old pack to net about 3 1/2" of lift. After a year they had settled at least an inch and I threw in the next longest leaf to bring it up again.

The ride was OK,but it was way firmer than stock. I went with full RE packs the next time and the ride and flex was far superior.

Why not hit the junk yard for a spare set, get a new set of U-bolts,some spring clips and start mixing and matching with your existing until you get what you want.

I've been running the Quadratec (actually Crown Automotive) HD leaves for about 3 years now. I've done a little towing with it and it's still not sagging.

Back