• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

budget boost and tire size questions

Cisco Kid

NAXJA Forum User
What's up guys? I've had my 01 XJ for about 2 months now and have spent alot of time searching here on this site. There are a few questions I have that I couldn't find real solid answers for.

1. I'm looking to do a 2' budget boost from either Rusty's or Rocky Road. Putting the price aside, is one of these kits better than the other, and if so, why? Easier install? Better parts? My Jeep might see an occasional trail run but it's mainly going to be for looks.

2. Can I put a 245/75/16 tire on my stock wheels without an rubbing issues? Right now I don't need tires but just want to know for future reference. Here's the wheels I have. http://www.autopartsfair.com/images/products/keystone/aly09026u.jpg

Thanks for any and all answers you guys can give me. :wave1:

Jeff

Last edited:
I'm running 265/75 16's on OEM Icon wheels with NO spacer. Rub the lca at full lock... not a big deal b/c you learn to stay away from it. Mine is a 2000 with a 2" lift and rough countrly oil shocks. I'm running a Daystar front spacer and rubicon express re1415 rear spring UNDER my stock spring pack. I was using the Daystar shackle but it made my springs completly lose all arch. Fyi, get it aligned after you lift it or you can wave good bye to your tread.

I installed Rustys (this is a minor disclaimer that he will never get any of my business again but it had nothing to do with the BB it was due to a recent issue I had with shipping from him and I thought he treated me like poop but I am not trying to hijack your thread or discourage you from purchasing his BB) on our pavement princess. I opted for the shackles instead of the AAL. The AAL will ride a bit rougher and we never haul anything in it either. If your stock leaf springs are in decent shape, you could do the same. I run 30's on the stock 16" wheels and it looks really good. No rubbing, but like I said...it hardly ever leaves the driveway. Install is very simple and took just a few hours.

I went w/the OME 2" full pack and am completely satisfied and have no sagging at all and it actually netted 2.5". Call Dirk over at DPG and speak to them and they will reccomend you the best product for your application without trying to sell you anything, plus I have found they have the best prices.

I did the Rocky Road BB and have 30's on 15X8 canyons, no rubbing at all but the tires look a little small from some angles, still looks real good though

The Rocky Road stuff was really beefy and seemed to be high quality, I've had it in for maybe 3 weeks now, only problem i'm having is it nornally rides just like stock, but sometimes the front or rear ends will bottom out with a bang/clunk if they are hit just right so I need to look into that, I think its prob just something specfic to my Jeep, but maybe not

here it is...

No lift
217750529.jpg

BB
237587941.jpg

237587940.jpg

I'll try and post my first pic and see if it works (copy the img tag from photobucket ?). This is it with the Daystar shackles which is why the rear sat low (the leaf springs were in good condition but the longer shackles flattened them). With the new RE1415 rear springs it has more lift in the rear so it sits level. I'll try to take good pic of that sometime too.

Last edited:
Back