• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best deal on a full lenght roof basket?

Tree Frog

NAXJA Forum User
What brand do you think is the best? And what about price? How much did you pay?

I have the small Yakima, and with my spare in it it's full, with out the spare it looks tiny.

How often is it used? do you need something that you can lean against a tree? and are you concerned about weight?

I got a surco rack from summit racing, its aluminum. I see alot of people using them too. Their tire carrier is a waist of money I'd build your own or use a really good ratchet strap. The price is decent summit has it the cheapest. I'd also get the gutter mounts.
The rack is light enough I could put it on by myself and its sturdy enough you could hang a 48" hilift off of it. It wouldn't survive against a tree since its alum. I got it because I wanted extra storage for the jeep but I didn't want it to be heavy. I throw my light stuff up there to make room and put my heavy stuff in the back of the heep.

if you type in racks in the search youll get alot of posts
i personally might go with the olympic top hat rack
it takes up teh whole roof and has side bars at the top
and sits a little low

Back