• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring lift question

99XJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I just put a used 3" AAl pack on my xj and it is sitting pretty low in the back compared to front. I have extra stock spring packs and was wondering if i could just add a few of the leafs from that. If i can then which ones would you suggest using, long or short ones. thanks guys.

CanMan said:
Cut the eyes off the main leaf, and add that. See where that gets you. If you are not satisfied, add the second XJ leaf to the pack.

X2
Michael

CanMan said:
Cut the eyes off the main leaf, and add that. See where that gets you. If you are not satisfied, add the second XJ leaf to the pack. It will probably ride stiff, and not flex the greatest. My .02.

I added the two longest springs in the pack to my set and I netted about 3" of lift from the stiffness and didn't have any issues with flex. It actually worked quite well. Cutting eyes off the main spring was too much work. :D

ECKSJAY said:
I added the two longest springs in the pack to my set and I netted about 3" of lift from the stiffness and didn't have any issues with flex. It actually worked quite well. Cutting eyes off the main spring was too much work. :D

That is how my pack is built, kinda. I added a eye cut off XJ main leaf, and an XJ second leaf to the stock pack. Gained about 3" also.

The reason I said it might ride stiff and not flex the greatest, is becasue he already has a 3" AAL. There are also other factors that play into having a good setup rear suspension.

The rear leafpacks of the XJ are weak, meaning they sag easily. I would ditch the AAL, and either use s-10 bastard pack, or get new rear springs. If you shop around, you can get them cheap.

Last edited:
Back