• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PowerSterring Reservoir?

caglezxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have full hydro and after last weekend of wheelin my reservoir came apart. I might have over filled it the day before, and the pressure from the ram pushing fluid back in was too much. So the question is, do they make a metal reservoir to use with the factory steering pump, or do I have to replace it with another platic one. Or replace everything.

caglezxj said:
I have full hydro and after last weekend of wheelin my reservoir came apart. I might have over filled it the day before, and the pressure from the ram pushing fluid back in was too much. So the question is, do they make a metal reservoir to use with the factory steering pump, or do I have to replace it with another platic one. Or replace everything.
I've never seen a metal one, I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they don't make them. I would recommend just replacing the whole thing, I have separated the reservoir from the pump and it kinda sucks. Not too bad of a job but if there was any chance you ran your old pump dry, I would replace it anyway.

RenixPower said:
I've never seen a metal one, I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they don't make them. I would recommend just replacing the whole thing, I have separated the reservoir from the pump and it kinda sucks. Not too bad of a job but if there was any chance you ran your old pump dry, I would replace it anyway.

I never ran it dry, it had a steady leak and I kept it full until I got some jb weld on it. Imight just buy a new plastic one till my buggy is done.

PSC has a metal one that they use with their pump. I do not know of a factory replacement pump/reservoir combo that is metal.

Back