• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power window wiring

Ukraine Train

NAXJA Forum User
My power windows only work from the driver’s door, but the lockout switch is fine, I checked continuity. The lights in the three passenger switches are also out so I think the yellow power wire coming out of the lockout switch has a break. The wiring diagram says this wire splits into three (one for each pass. switch) under the rear passenger seat, which is where I want to check for power. I’m wondering if someone knows exactly where this is so I don’t have to tear up all the carpet to find it. Thanks.

After tearing up all the wiring in the back, turns out the problem was in the connector on the driver's kick panel. It was just a bad connection.

The tan wire supplies power to the driver's side switch, yellow wire is the output from the lockout switch that supplies power to the other three switches, and I'm assuming black is ground but didn't check.
wire1.jpg

This is where the yellow wire is spliced into three and goes to the passenger switches. Under the rear passenger seat.
wire2.jpg

This was odd, this wire was cut when I unwrapped the harness. It was factory wrapping, it's not like someone hacked it up before. Edit: This might explain why my right rear tail light is out, this wire color matches the one in the wiring diagram for right rear tail light. I didn't use anything sharp to unwrap the harness, though, so I don't think I accidentally cut it. I'll check it out tomorrow.
wire3.jpg

Last edited:
Back