• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys rubber motor mounts.

Those must be an older style of his mounts. I installed a set of Rusty's mounts yesterday but didn't take many pics. Here's the best one I have:

n24407716_31229547_4965.jpg

It's kinda hard to see in the pic, but they are fully boxed.

The power transfer feels alot more solid with the new mounts. The only downside is the vibes from the engine I get now. I'm hoping it'll get better as the mounts wear.

i got a set of more's only becasue i got a good deal on them from a member here but again the poly sends the vibrations big time through the body... i dont mind it since i am used to it and i do not drive mine everyday but i have a banks header and wanted my engine firm... my mounts looked even worse than those so having the engine secure really made me feel better over all...

the rustys mounts look good go for it... my mores were zinc plated instead of powdercoated... no big deal though

Those are the old 1st generation poly mounts in the Jeepin.com article. The newer poly mounts have a 'tower' made from a single piece of folded and welded sheet steel that looks a lot stronger.

Just seen the picture of Rusty's rubber mounts. They look pretty good.

Instead of replacing the whole mount, is it just fine to replace the bushing? How hard is it to replace the bushing, im assuming just remove the mounts one at a time and cut the old one out and press the new one in. Any ideas of where to get a decent one?

Replacing bushings is pointless as they are vulcanized into the mounts themselves. With all the work and hassle you will go through, its just better to get new ones. I personally thought that the Poly mounts were the way to go, but soon changed them out for MORES mounts with RUBBER bushings. Also, in my experience its better to stick to rubber tranny mounts as well.
The equation goes like this.
POLY MM/TM+Ub=MV
(Poly motormounts/trannymounts plus unibody construction equals massive vibes.):laugh3:

My old rubber mounts were cracked in half, just like they made my factory headers. I have the rustys poly mounts, he gave me a good deal and I really liek them. They've been in since summer. I also put a crane cam in the 4.0 so the vibes are pretty bad, Im stil not used to them, dont know if I'll ever be. But with everyone else, I think poly is the way to go.

btw, Baseball, its a poly mount in a powedercoated housing, it isnt going to wear in, sorry dude.

Mine have been in for a couple years now... and I've still got the vibes, but I'm used to it now though. I don't even notice it really, unless I stop to think about it.

the more mounts are pricey but I think they are worth it. The vibes are not really noticable maybe a little when idling in 4lo on the trail I couldn't be happier. If the rusty's are a similar type of material like the "torsion rubber" I'd go for it. Good luck and I'd try to stay away from poly IMHO

Back