• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pushing brake pedal activites heated window?

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
I have a weird electrical problem on my 2000 Cherokee limited. When I apply the brakes the light turns on for the heated window and when I turn the heated window on it makes my brake lights stay on! Any idea where these wires might cross? Has anyone else had this problem before? Thanks

i would assume that the wires cross in the rear gate area. i think that would be the only place that something could be hooked up wrong...since both sets of wires run there.

I think you are right, I opend the rear hatch and closed it and now the lights are working correctly. It must be in the rubber grommet that connects between the hatch and the body.

It might not be a crossing but a bad ground. This should be easy to test. Take the bulb out of the center brake light. If it stops defrosting, look for the ground. If it doesn't, it's a short. You might also want to check and see if turning on the defroster does anything to the brake lights.

Back