• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

36x13.50x15s TSL tires?

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
12.50 not 13.50... my bad typo.
Would 36x12.50zx15s be ok with 4.10s in my 4.0 MJ ??
Anybody run 36 TSLs on their Dana 30? Any problems?

Will these fit with 6.5" lift and no fenders?

Consider 4.56 or 4.88 if your motor is stock.
36 on a D30...truss it and get the 760 joints installed with welded caps.
6.5 lift with lots of trimming might fit it...more like 6.5 lift with 2" blocks for comfort of flexin. Or a true 8" lift with some trim.

I know of a few people running 36's on a 30/8.8 combo with out issue. They drive very cautious. With alloy's and good joints you should be OK (high pinion, right?). If you do put 36's on a 30 do yourself a favor and purchase an extra set of unit bearings for the front end. You will need them soon. Might want to upgrade to zj brakes/knuckles as well. Your stock brakes will not be happy with the extra leverage placed on them.

I would be very carefull with a locker... but then again I break stuff driving to work. I put in a 44 and 9 inch. Only problems i have had are due to poor maintenance.

this is just my opinion though.

Edit: oh yeah, I run 4.88's. With 36" irocks. Gearing is about right... 2000 rpm in 4th is 45 mph, 5th at 2,000 rpms is 56 mph.

i ran 36" tsl sxs on a 30/44 without an issue....

ran the weaker trails at jv..... clawhammer and aftershock...not an issue to speak of.

i didnt drive like an asshole but i didnt spend the whole time being extra careful.

carry spares. dont floor it. have fun.

36'S with 4.10's will big time major suck. You need some gear with those.

I would go with at least 4.88's with 36's. I have 37's and 4.88's and really wish I had gone to 5.13's (HP44 and 60). As far as the tires fitting, I think you will be fine. I have 4.5" of lift and 37's right now, and I have my bumpstops set so that I only have 3" of compression, and the rest of my travel is droop. I am planning on lifting it 2 more inches in the near future, but that is just so I can fit longer shocks, and 39.5's.

Back