• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

warn full float rear conversion, tire size?

Red October

NAXJA Forum User
Quick question to every one. What is the max tire size you could run on a dana 35 warn 5.5 full float kit? Boss man has one on his tj with 35's and wants to know if he can go bigger.

I wouldn't run more than 29's. Give him a little time he'll have the axle in pieces. Probably bent too, with a floater you don't have the axle shaft helping distribute the stress on the housing.

Lincoln said:
I wouldn't run more than 29's. Give him a little time he'll have the axle in pieces. Probably bent too, with a floater you don't have the axle shaft helping distribute the stress on the housing.

oh bullshit.

My brother in law ran the full floater kit (he worked for Warn back then, so got a good price)

He ran 33's on that axle for YEARS. Once broke one of the plastic hubs (they're definitely weaker than the axle shafts, so they'll usually break first). Other than that, 5-6 years of wheeling and a little competition with 33's and no problems at all. Oh and he was running 4.10's and an ARB.

WheelinJR said:
oh bullshit.

My brother in law ran the full floater kit (he worked for Warn back then, so got a good price)

He ran 33's on that axle for YEARS. Once broke one of the plastic hubs (they're definitely weaker than the axle shafts, so they'll usually break first). Other than that, 5-6 years of wheeling and a little competition with 33's and no problems at all. Oh and he was running 4.10's and an ARB.

:D

I think he was kidding. You have to remember that Lincoln is mostly a wise ass. It's his way of covering up that he doesn't know $hit. :looser:

I'm going to adjust my original statement. I'm going to say 28" tires. I had a nightmare last night that I went on a run and everyone was running 35's and D35's.

Thanks a lot for bringing up the subject.

Back