• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alloy USA's New X-Joint

Blue XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Is it any good? Just got some alloy shafts, bought some 760's, then I saw these, are they worth running instead?

Edit: If they are worth running, should I get the ones with needle bearings or the ones without needle bearings?

http://www.drivetrainoutlet.com/U_Joints-X_Joint_by_Alloy_USA_for_D44.html

It says they are for a D44, but I will be using them in my highly polished 30

Are you running alloy shafts too?

Thanks for the link, great price on Alloy 30 spline shaft kits too, plus free shipping.

I have Warn alloy inners and outers with their hub conversion kit. I have found the joints online for $40 as well, just odn't remember the site

I put them in a few weeks ago. For 15.00 more each than a Spicer, they are definitely worth it. Strength-wise I have no idea or no way to tell if they are stonger, but the features definitely set them apart.

Here's a post from Ron:
Alloy USA said:
here's some info:

First, we feel the cold forged 760x is a vast improvement over the hot forged297x in both strength and durability - very good all around u-joint. Having said that, we thought we could improve the design even more.

We worked over two years to perfect the cold forge process - very difficult, but yields great strength improvements in grain structure over hot forging.

We use an 8620 material - same as most ring and pinion gears (we do modify it slightly for the cold forging process). This gives good strength and as importantly high surface hardness for durability - this also allows us to use high strength needle bearings as the trunions are resistant to brinelling.

Finally, we added servicability - while the OE standard for lifetime lubrication may be met by the stock joint - we feel the harsher conditions most of us put our Jeeps through warrant the ability to grease the u-joint.

Are these the "strongest" u-joints on the planet - no. We aimed for the toughest most durable bearing type joint we could make for a reasonable price.

Hope that helps,

Ron

I like the servicability, and a neat feature is the lip on the inside of the caps that hold in the bearings. For anyone who has had needles fall all over the floor or trail will love it. I got mine from David at Northridge4x4.com.

X-joints with Yukon axles:
alloyusaxjoint001zw8.jpg

alloyusaxjoint010ji2.jpg

Back