• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ixnay's Evans Intern00biatefest '07

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Due to some concerns voiced recently regarding the NWC's Dept Of Non-sanctioned Events' dirth of all-inclusive wheeling trips, we will be offering up an excursion open to everyone. Almost. This coming Saturday (March 17th, St. Patrick's Day), D.O.N.E will be hosting and intermediate skill/mild vehicle capability trail run at Evans Creek ORV park.

Many 4-wheelers in the NW have wheeled Evans, and nearly all have heard of it. The goal of ths event is to merge those two categories, or at least blur the lines significantly.

Caveat Emptor: Those looking to run every trail at Evans at Mach 2 should look elsewhere. We will be starting with 311, and since the bulk of the group will be open/open, it will likely take some finesse and time. Based on our progress through 311 a/b, we might take various "graduates" up the 520 trail and maybe some more challenging sections later in the day, time permitting.

No minimum requirements other than 31" tires, tow points and at least a suspension lift of some kind. I've run this trail when I was open with no armor whatsoever in the worst conditions and not suffered a scratch. I've also run it in summer, locked, and torn off all manor or trim pieces, tailgates, caved in doors, etc.... Be prepared to get a couple scratches, but the people spotting will do everything to avoid this.

As usual, we'll be meeting at the Bonney Lake Safeway at 0900, or at the 311a trailhead at 0930. After we're done wheeling (hopefully, early afternoon) there will be green beer served in the campground. Hope to see a good turn out! So far there are already half a dozen people interested, so post up as soon as you can if you have any interest or questions.

-----Matt-----

3.5" on 31" tires should be able to do just fine: Here's pSYChedXJ making it look easy; finesse is the key. He'll be joining this trip also, one lase time before he installs a pair of Detroits and 4.56 gears!

P1010755.jpg

311 can offer plenty of challenges:

P1010770.jpg

Evans022507013.jpg

I know a guy... who I am hoping will be be done with my Jeep on Friday... although he has indicated that may not be possible.

If it turns out that it is ready in time I am looking forward to the run.

Matt_West said:
I know a guy... who I am hoping will be be done with my Jeep on Friday... although he has indicated that may not be possible.

If it turns out that it is ready in time I am looking forward to the run.

If your rig isn't done, you can ride shotgun with me if you want - I'll be there for sure.

-i

I would show up with my noob pedal but I'll be in Montana

Matt_West said:
Thanks I will take you up on that if necessary.

That said I am going to be weasely and see if cutting in front of Christy improves my probability.

So, you're saying you want me to get YOUR rig done and not work on MINE, right? :) j/k hahaha

J

Damn i'd so love to go to this.

1st off Holla out to Matt for actually putting this together, as I know i'm one that made a voice out for no open/open runs.

I am scheduled to work that day, but I have a 102 fever right now, with 2 days off, so i'm thinking maybe i can go in on thursday and friday and pull another sick day out. I'll see how i'm feeling.

That last run with Joe did have a few very technical spots, and my jeep ran great, so i'd really like to go to this. I'll post up closer to the event, but for now Count me IN.

I might make it. If I do, you wanna ride shotgun Sean? or you gonna try your rig?

That's awesome that you're close to detroits and gears Jay!!

IXNAYXJ said:
The way Jay was clutching the Detroit at the swap meet makes me think he slept with it that night. :D

-----Matt-----

Hmm ... someone should tell him that lockers don't need .. ahem, "friction modifiers."

:rtm:

Thats NASTY Ian.

:D

I'm not sure if i'll make it, Was planning on having Eli coming down to help put my Aussie in the D30 but if he decides to go i'll need to do that some other time. Also the jeep isn't runnin right. Took it on some mud holes just past Elbe this weekend, now it dies on me while driving and its occasionaly overheating. Don't know whats going on. ?????????

Jamez

Back