• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crotch Vent - Can I plug it or block it off?

peleejosh

NAXJA Forum User
1993 XJ -

My lower dash piece is cracked and I am replacing it with one from a 96, which doesn't have the crotch vent.

So the crotch vent is useless to me, it barely puts out any air anyway. Is there something that I can use to plug it or block it off.

I seached, and a couple of posts mentioned Mopar may have a plug and a bulletin, but I couldn't find it.

Josh

just plug it with something, either at the end of the hose or at the airbox. All you're going to do is foce more air through the other dash vents.
but I love my nut heater, and it works well in the 87.

Duct tape!! Hence the name. Though you'll probably be one of the only people outside the hvac industry to ever use it for this pupose

bfred said:
Duct tape!! Hence the name. Though you'll probably be one of the only people outside the hvac industry to ever use it for this pupose

Although, duct tape is actually the worst thing you could use on ducts. Kinda odd, I know, but it dries out very quickly and falls off. You're better off using aluminum tape or something similar. :laugh3:

heyjpark1 said:
Although, duct tape is actually the worst thing you could use on ducts. Kinda odd, I know, but it dries out very quickly and falls off. You're better off using aluminum tape or something similar. :laugh3:

BUT!

it holds till the job is done and you get paid! :greensmok after that, F em!:cheers:

MOPAR part number is 56005896 price is 1.45 at any local dealership most of them will have to order it , comes in a pack of 8 , dont let them make you by more than one ,

mopar parts guy with a heart (sometimes) :)

Back