• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you think

esmelter

NAXJA Forum User
im 17 and building up my jeep so far its got about 6" of lift 35" mtrs a warn bumper some skid plates i did some chopping and all taht good stuff.

this week im picking up some clayton long arms and i plan on going to around 8" of lift, and swapping to some full width axles with gears and at least one locker by the summer. i have the metal for a cage now too and want to do a chop top and an exo cage, what do you guys think about the chop top with the exo cage if i weld in the rear cab of a comanche to seal it, and if i dont seal it at all, should i just keep it internal? rememebr im only 17 and pay for it all myself mommy and daddy dont give me anything so i need to keep this build cheap

Huh, lots of ideas in there. Why do you want to chop-top it, is the body already thrashed? If you do chop it, a sub-frame or exo-cage seems to be mandatory to keep the rigidity. I've seen a couple chopped XJs, it's a ton of work to make it look decent and be functional. I've got the Clayton hardarms, haven't installed them yet but have heard lots of praise regarding them. Fullsize axles are a mixed blessing, as they add weight and width to go with their strength.

Give some clearer ideas on the chop, got any pics of some?

I sure wish I had the ability and money to do half that when I was 17. I didn't even have a beater jeep when I was 17

Back