• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken gas guage

tkjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and came up empty, gas guage stopped working 11/2 years ago at the same time my ballast resistor burned up, coincidence? Anyways the empty light is on so I know it has power, tried grounding the tank itself to the frame to no avail, any suggestions, thanks in advance.

Is the "Low Fuel Warning" light on because your tank is near empty, or is the light always on regardless of fuel level?

The single wire/signal from the sender in the tank drives both the light and the guage. So, if the light works, and the guage doesn't, then there is probably something wrong with the guage itself.

If they are both always showing 'empty', then you may have a bad(open) connection...somewhere.

the light is always on, must be a bad connection somewhere, could it be the unit inside the tank?

What year ? 97, 98 and 99 had crap sender units that delaminated from the pump area. The 97's were covered under a recall..

Sorry Rich, its a 93 ho, just seems to coincidental that it happened at the same time my ballast resistor ignited! Don't like coincidences, a day or two before that the guage was acting eratic, little jerky, then gone. Just like a hint were to go, I know I'll have to look at the sending unit in the tank, right?

Just realized that I still havent solved this problem, anyone got any new suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

Back