• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what to get next

2000Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
well i had to go to the bank today to take out some money for school. and i figured while i was there getting a loan i would try and get some extra to use on the jeep and i end up with about 2500 bux to put into the jeep.

its a 2000 cherokee
so far for parts that i have sitting at my house i have
rustys 3" spring kit with a 1.75 spacer and 1.5" shackle
34" LTBs
SYE
Stock xj front drive shaft
RE trac bar
Shims

i know i need longer brake lines but im not sure what else i should get..

so far i think i am getting

rocklizard bumper-329
jcr sliders-225
jcr rear bumper-245
(shipping 115)
re control arms-259
brakelines-89
---------------------------------
total-1262 --give or take a little for the shipping on the brake
lines

so i would still have about 1000 more to spend

any advice?

I'd opt for the "George Foreman Grill". But thats just me.

Shocks, Bumpstops and are you mounting the LTB's on stock rims?
And a sawzall or something cause your going to want to trim a little for the 34's

Last edited:
lockers and gears are going in when i get my tax return back. already planned on doing that. since it will still be winter like out i can break in the gears and not loose any wheeling time

LTBs are already mounted and balanced, shocks came with my lift, bump stops im gonna be cheap and use hockey pucks in the front

I would concentrate on the School part & keep it a reliable daily driver. :dunno: what is that interest on the loan going to end up costing you later.

Rob $.02

FELIX said:
I would concentrate on the School part & keep it a reliable daily driver. :dunno: what is that interest on the loan going to end up costing you later.

Rob $.02

Man! Thanks Rob. The Truth hurts.

Now, If you're set on spending it, Do the gears. You will regret it more than you can imagine. Every time I thought I'd do gears later, I ended up credit carding them within a month. And that was with 31's and 32's!

Regear!

Of course, I know nothing.

Okie Terry said:
Find a HP d-30 with gears and a locker for cheap and then, regear the rear with a locker.

Yeah, What he said.

i ended up not doing gears. im gonna hold off and try and find a D-30 like sugested above and im also going to either get an 8.8 or a D44 for the rear

hope i dont ruin anything while running the 34s and stock gears. im gonna get a tranny cooler to help keep the tranny cool and im going to space the hood and prob install vents to help with the added heat of the motor working harder

Skid plates, engine gas tanks tranny transfer case?
Engine upgrades like: Optima battery red or yellow, Air intake K&N rusty's or make your own, Exhaust Flowmaster dynomax borla, MSD???

All just SOME suggestions and certainly not limited to the Manufactures I listed just some food for thought but.......If I were you I would definetely hold off and spend the cash on lockers when you regear!

ponyracer1 said:
Save your money and spend it on hookers, booze, and grass. Make your year at school go much quicker!!!
If you're away at school and have to pay hookers you've got problems.

Back