• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do I need to make this rack mount to my rain gutters?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at buying this rack http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=115+400024 I know it isn't recommended for heavy items like spare tires and stuff,but I think it wil work for the occassional camping trip where I will only be putting maybe a cooler,tent and sleeping bags up there. My question is,what kind of mounting system do I need to get to mount it to my rain gutters? there is an accessory kit in the link,but I am not sure which I need to mount it to the gutters,the descriptions aren't all that great. I do not have a factory roof rack,so I can't mount it to that. thanks for the help,Ben

cjben said:
I am looking at buying this rack http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=115+400024 I know it isn't recommended for heavy items like spare tires and stuff,but I think it wil work for the occassional camping trip where I will only be putting maybe a cooler,tent and sleeping bags up there. My question is,what kind of mounting system do I need to get to mount it to my rain gutters? there is an accessory kit in the link,but I am not sure which I need to mount it to the gutters,the descriptions aren't all that great. I do not have a factory roof rack,so I can't mount it to that. thanks for the help,Ben
So you want to mount it to the gutter? I'd say you probably need a gutter mount. Do some research. It's right in front of you.

Looks like this is the mount that you need to use. You're right, the descriptions suck, but that picture is of a rain gutter mount. Look around and see who else makes them, there are quite a few companies that do. These may be specific to the Surco rack, which would be nice, however using someone elses gutter mounts and simple cross bars may give you a little more strength in the rack.

Back