• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Injectors + abs pump

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
There is a 98' Cherokee in my area on craigslist for $500.... The add says it needs injector work and abs pump... wondering how much that would cost to fix and how easy of a fix it would be. Thanks

i agree most xj's came without abs. abs systems are costly to fix! but injectors on the other had are relatively cheap especially if you get them from a salvage yard. how many miles on it?

Unfortunately the ad doesn't say how many miles it has. So disconnecting the ABS the breaks will still work? Is that what I am understanding... also, I'm a bit of a noob, but the injectors, which are they? Are there more than one kind or what? I typed in 98' injectors and it came up with fuel injectors when I googled it...if it needs new fuel ones, is it safe to drive at all? What are the effects it will have with a bad abs pump and bad injectors? Thanks again. My fiance isn't to keen on the idea... getting married in 22 days and money is always a touchy subject...But it seems like such a good deal it makes me cry :shhh:

Bdiddy11 said:
Unfortunately the ad doesn't say how many miles it has. So disconnecting the ABS the breaks will still work? Is that what I am understanding... also, I'm a bit of a noob, but the injectors, which are they? Are there more than one kind or what? I typed in 98' injectors and it came up with fuel injectors when I googled it...if it needs new fuel ones, is it safe to drive at all? What are the effects it will have with a bad abs pump and bad injectors? Thanks again. My fiance isn't to keen on the idea... getting married in 22 days and money is always a touchy subject...But it seems like such a good deal it makes me cry :shhh:

It was an 89 not a 98 like the ad said. I bought it anyways...

csturboz... I found that out yesterday when I called. I was sad... You got that quick. It was only on there since Wednesday! What condition is it in? I hate when people post autos and don't have any other info.. like miles, condition, pics etc...

Bdiddy11 said:
csturboz... I found that out yesterday when I called. I was sad... You got that quick. It was only on there since Wednesday! What condition is it in? I hate when people post autos and don't have any other info.. like miles, condition, pics etc...

Body wise its decent.. Its got quite a few issues.. A bunch of suspension noises, a shit dana 35, a weird charging system problem, and some gauges that dont work right.. It needs a lot of junkyard parts and pieces.. I will post a picture tommorow when i go down to the shop to get her goin...

Back