PDA

View Full Version : March 12th - Portland Area Meet & Greet Thread

WheelinJR
February 28th, 2007, 16:44
Okay, the second monday of the month is closing in again, so its time for another meet and greet! It's weird, but the second monday landed on the 12th of the month again...go figure.

When and Where:
Monday March 12th, 7pm
Round Table Pizza
750 NE 181st Ave
Portland, Oregon

If you're traveling south on 181st to Round Table its on your left. If you're traveling north to it, its on your right.

Most likely Rod will call and reserve the back room for us. That's what he's done the last couple of times. Its a very comfy place with a nice dark lighting and quietness to it. Theres usually just one or two other groups in there, and its just an all around great place to go.

Anyone NAXJA is welcome, paid member or not. We do a little bit of official stuff like trip and event planning, and then the rest is BS'ing and beers.

Beer optional.

PDeeXJ
March 1st, 2007, 01:02
Sweet, I'll be there. And I'll bring a handful of those DVD's with me. :shhh:

blibra
March 1st, 2007, 01:03
Hey everyone I'm Brandon. I have a white 87 laredo. Ive only had my Jeep for about the last month. I unfortunately missed the last M&G, but I am going to try and make it to this one. Hopefully, I can get my rig situated by then. I'll have to start saving now for the first couple pitchers of beer. :cheers:

PDeeXJ
March 1st, 2007, 01:24
Sup Brandon. Hope you can make it.

jeepkid2000
March 1st, 2007, 07:32
can we have this months over by Van mall or in Hazel Dell?

WheelinJR
March 1st, 2007, 08:32

I suppose we could. General concensus seems to be that the Portland one is more centralized, the turnout is better, and its not so crowded/busy/noisy.

I am partial to the portland one but obviously I am not the only one attending, we can let everyone else chime in here.

WesternXJ
March 1st, 2007, 10:26

X2

Makes it alot easier for us. :cheers:

WheelinJR
March 1st, 2007, 10:28
Is the one in Hazel Dell nicer? The VanMall one sucked in my opinion. It was crowded and we couldn't get decent seating so that we were all around the same area.

blibra
March 1st, 2007, 13:13
Well, I'm in Tualatin, so I have a drive regardless. If it were to be in vancouver. That would be quite a drive for the people from salem etc.. Where would the best place be for the HWY26 and deep gresham people? There is a round table pizza off I-5 in Lake Oswego with plenty of parking. The people from 26 wouldnt have to drive across Portland to out 181st... etc.. IDK just throwing it out there. Its about a 20 min drive from gresham/salem/vancouver/hilsboro plus people can take hwy-43 and come from downtown and I-205. Is this an option?

jeepboy381
March 1st, 2007, 15:28
I really don't care to much but I would rather go to the Gresham location. It is nicer and closer for me but I do work in Vancouver, just have to find something to do until the meet & Greet starts.

WesternXJ
March 1st, 2007, 15:34
Is the one in Hazel Dell nicer? The VanMall one sucked in my opinion. It was crowded and we couldn't get decent seating so that we were all around the same area.
The one in Hazel Dell is very nice. I don't know about the availabilty of the rooms, but I could check. :dunno:

WheelinJR
March 1st, 2007, 16:37
You guys are killing my nice 10 minutes drive, haha :-p

mojojojo
March 1st, 2007, 17:31
You guys are killing my nice 10 minutes drive, haha :-p

yeah, and my 2 minute drive, jeeeeeeesh! :doh:

just kidding. i am not partial. i have no problem coming up to vantucky once in a while. just let me know what the final verdict is and i'll be there.:wave:

WheelinJR
March 1st, 2007, 18:22
It looks like we may just have to keep alternating this to keep everyone happy.

I'm open to changing it, but I say we try Hazel Dell, wherever the hell that is. Is that even a real town, or did you Washington freaks just make it up? :-p

TORX
March 1st, 2007, 21:24
I'll be there where ever it is. The original plan of the meet and greets if I remember correctly was to alternate between OR & WA each month. The van mall location is closest for me but it seems like its gotten bad reviews, lets try Hazel Dell. If it turns out to be a catastrophic failure we'll go back to Gresham :lecture: (just an idea).

TORX

mojojojo
March 1st, 2007, 22:18
i vote hazel dell then. you guys from down here can follow me up if you like.

blibra
March 2nd, 2007, 01:04
? Lake Oswego location ? :dunno:

PDeeXJ
March 2nd, 2007, 01:21
Nope, no Love for the LO location. All the way up in Vancouver is where we're meeting. I'm in Beaverton / Tigard. But the Hazell Dell location is right off of I-5 so it's all good.

PoSxJ
March 2nd, 2007, 14:19
i vote hazel dell then. you guys from down here can follow me up if you like.

Address? Again, for those of us who don't cruise around washington much.

WheelinJR
March 2nd, 2007, 14:23
Ok, lets say this is an official hazel dell Round Table.

Hopefully I can get a moderator to edit the thread so's to clear confusion.

New Location!!!

VANCOUVER/N.E. 81st AVENUE
616 N.E. 81st. St., Ste. A
Vancouver, WA 98665
(360) 574-1666

Dvipercop
March 2nd, 2007, 20:34
Depending on my scheduling, I should be able to make this one. If so, this will be my last meet and greet for a very long time. As in 4 years or so. I ship out for Marine boot camp on Monday, March 19. So I will be consuming copious amounts alcohol between now and then. :D

GreenbeltXJ
March 5th, 2007, 00:28
what MOS did you sighn up for?

streetpirate
March 6th, 2007, 09:09
hey josh, im gonna make this meet'n greet, so bring $25 for those hood vents.

PS: or i'll trade 'em for that nifty 28mm swaybar youve got

Dvipercop
March 6th, 2007, 13:26
what MOS did you sighn up for?

Infantry. Secondary MOS, Infantry Special Forces Security. Hoping to get on with FAST. :D

92CherokeeSport
March 6th, 2007, 13:40
I'll be there.

jeepboy381
March 6th, 2007, 13:44
hey josh, im gonna make this meet'n greet, so bring $25 for those hood vents.

PS: or i'll trade 'em for that nifty 28mm swaybar youve got No sorry Dan, I found a use for that swaybar on another Jeep I should be picking up sometime this week! I will be at the meet & greet though to exchange some money for those hood vents. See ya there.

jeepkid2000
March 10th, 2007, 09:25
ill be there. see you guys monday!

nitrospeed
March 10th, 2007, 10:06
I will be there.

Motornoggin
March 10th, 2007, 10:19
Imma try and make it too!

milosfreedom
March 10th, 2007, 14:57
I'll be there

WheelinJR
March 10th, 2007, 15:40
Remember guys, Hazel Dell, not Gresham like the first post says

Someday I'll get a mod to edit that...

Sniggs
March 11th, 2007, 16:53
Really isn't a need to edit that - you've already made the correction.

Anyone who's paying attention can see that the location has changed.

ECKSJAY
March 12th, 2007, 11:29
Remember guys, Hazel Dell, not Gresham like the first post says

Someday I'll get a mod to edit that...

Maybe instead of an edit you can post up a new thread with the new info...and we'll just close the long thread that's going on. ;) I've found it a lot easier to just pick a location/time far enough in advance that people can make plans instead of changing 3 days prior. :) If someone can't make it, tough. There will be more. :clap:

WheelinJR
March 12th, 2007, 16:38
Well, I tried to grab the Banquet room at the Hazel Dell Round Table but both of their rooms are already spoken for.

The manager said if we want reservations call early in the morning or the day before at the Hazel Dell location.

See you guys there.

jeepkid2000
March 12th, 2007, 23:09
nice turnout. i think 10 or 11 showed up. Brian has a list of who made it.
im thinking next m&g in Camas, on a weekend followed by a night run...

WheelinJR
March 12th, 2007, 23:18
Good turnout, decent Round Table.

However I have to say, HAZEL DELL SUCKS. All that construction all over, I was weaving thru neighborhoods trying to figure out how the hell to get outta there. One guy was following me and that damn stoplight wouldn't change, so after sitting there forever I decided F it, and ran the damn thing. I was just guessing on the turns and stuff, glad it worked out.

I think I left my pizza on the roof of my Jeep when I left too, haha

nitrospeed
March 12th, 2007, 23:31
Only in Hazel Dell , can you here the mystery clank on the possesed jeep LOL. Funny to see everyone on thier knees while i drive in circles. Thanks for your help. Ill get my ujoints replaced and we will try it again. Good times.

jeepkid2000
March 12th, 2007, 23:45
nice turnout. i think 10 or 11 showed up. Brian has a list of who made it.
im thinking next m&g in Camas, on a weekend followed by a night run...

here is the address to the pizza place in camas:
3136 NE 3rd Ave, Camas, WA 98607 (Pizza Palace Inc)

from sandy and I-205, it is the same distance to either Hazel Dell or Camas.
thoughts?

WheelinJR
March 13th, 2007, 09:34
I'm game for that. Tho my opinion would be to keep the meet/greets on the same second monday, and not try to move it to a weekend. Makes it easier to plan. I would be game for the night or day run tho, we could just plan that as a seperate event maybe...

streetpirate
March 13th, 2007, 16:11
Good turnout, decent Round Table.

However I have to say, HAZEL DELL SUCKS. All that construction all over, I was weaving thru neighborhoods trying to figure out how the hell to get outta there. One guy was following me and that damn stoplight wouldn't change, so after sitting there forever I decided F it, and ran the damn thing. I was just guessing on the turns and stuff, glad it worked out.

I think I left my pizza on the roof of my Jeep when I left too, haha

that was me, i lauged when the pizza took off. i assumed you knew where you were going or at least we would get lost together.

WheelinJR
March 13th, 2007, 16:16
i assumed you knew where you were going

Nope, completely guessing, haha