• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't get to ther cps

I've got to replace mine, and have the new one setting on my bench. I got up under there the other day and looked at the sensor, because I had been hearing how hard they were to reach. I haven't done it yet so I may be wrong but it didn't look that hard. The bolts looked like 1/2 or 7/16 and didn't look that hard to get to.

Right side of bell housing, skinny arms. Good Luck.

just did this the other day. I required like 3 extensions. Ended up using a 1/4" 11mil socket. Don't try and do it from the top unless you have the worlds' skinniest arms. Do it from the bottom. You just have to squeeze between the shift linkage and other shit. Good luck.

Well, I tested the resistance across the leads and got 5.27 ohms, and then cleaned out the connector with some WD40, then reset the computer and it started right up. Not throwin any codes at me now either. yeah

The screw heads should be 11m/m or 7/16" - you can use either.

They're a funky shoulder screw, so don't lose them! I haven't gotten around to seeing if I can make more yet or not...

And, I really wish people would stop using WD-40 to clean contacts. I won't go into the whys and wherefores of it (again!) suffice it to say I've covered the matter in depth and in detail here before, as recently as earlier this month. WD-40 is not a "miracle in a spray can" or a "universal cleaner/lubricant," no matter what they try to make you think.

It can be used as a metal preservative (which is what it was designed for,) for removing sticky labels (it gets under the glue, but it's a bit difficult to scrub the WD off,) and as a lubricant for some machining operations (like turning aluminum,) but that's about it. It damn sure isn't a contact cleaner, and it isn't anything I want anywhere near any electrical contacts anyhow...

Back